Awakening

Man lives on earth not once, but three times: 
the first stage of his life is his continual sleep; 
the second, sleeping and waking by turns; 
the third, waking forever.
-Gustav Fechner 

Truth require sudden awakening,
but the phenomenal level calls for gradual cultivation.
-Saying

Awake Awhile
It does not have to be Forever,
Right Now.
One Step upon the Sky's soft skirt
Would be enough.
-Hafiz

As I awaken you,
I awaken me.
-Joe Vitale

I am awake; I am in the world -
I expect
no further assurance.
-Louise Gluck

The essence of awakening to true reality
is to eat all day and not to swallow a grain or rice,
to walk all day and not tread an inch of ground,
to have no distinction at all between subject and object,
and to be inseparable from all things all day long.
-Zen Master Pan Yun (paraphrased)